Take part in a research project – DTEXT.
- Receive text messages on physical activity, nutrition and diabetes care for 6 months
- Have your diabetes and cholesterol measured
- Free to join
- Get $75* for participating
*($75 will be paid in gift cards)
What does DTEXT involve?
DTEXT is a text message program for people with type 2 diabetes. Text messages will be sent to you for 6 months on topics such as physical activity, nutrition, and diabetes self-care. During the study, you will be asked to complete 3 short surveys and have your diabetes and cholesterol measured 3 times.
Who is eligible?
You can join DTEXT if you:
- Have type 2 diabetes (HbA1c level 7% and above)
- Are aged 18 and above
- Have a mobile phone
- Can read and speak English
- Are not pregnant
- Live in NSW
Who is running the study?
The study is being run by the Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District in partnership with the University of Sydney. DTEXT is funded through a NSW Ministry of Health research grant. The study is open to people living in NSW.